Cookies on the Allens Caravans Website


We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the yourname website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.


Filter by date

Park alert

Send me updates on
this park

Latest Events

Can I Live In My Static Caravan

  • 24th Feb 2013

Can I Live In My Static Caravan

Here at Allens Caravans we are often asked by our guests if they can live in their static caravans or mobile homes on a permanent basis, instead of just for holidays. The answer is simple, yes and no! Let us explain why;

If you are looking to live in a mobile home all year round then this is possible, but it will mean living on a Residential Park which is for residents over the age of 55 years old. This is a great idea for the mature person as you have your friends close and you live within your own little community.

If you decide this is the option for you then you will need to purchase a mobile home, you then need to choose which residential park you want to live on and pay the pitch fees. However it is always best to speak to the seller first and find out all the costs. You can live on a residential park 12 months of the year and this will be classed as your permanent address which will put you on the electoral role.

However living in a static caravan on a holiday park is not possible, a licence on a holiday park lasts between 9 and 11 months of the year, meaning the park is shut for 1 to 3 months of the year and nobody is able to holiday on it. Because of this reason you will be unable to class this as your permanent address.

So there is your answer, yes you can if you live on a Residential Park, no you can’t if you live on a Holiday Park.

Our associations