Log cabins evoke a sense of tranquillity, freedom and cosiness that many other types of holiday or domestic dwellings can’t quite match. Whilst most people associate cabins with hot summers in the wild or open log fires in white winters, cabins are perfect for holidays whatever the season. Whether you need to cater for kids, grandkids or plain and simple big kids, here are some ideas to keep you entertained on a log cabin holiday in the spring.
1. Easter Eggs – for those in possession of a sweet tooth Easter eggs are synonymous with springtime; you can dye them with food colouring, paint them with poster paints or make your own chocolate eggs (see http://www.daisygreenmagazine.co.uk/food-3/food-recipes/how-to-make-your-own-easter-eggs/ or http://scissorspaperspoon.com/make-your-own-mini-eggs/ for recipes). Plus, once you’ve stocked up on eggs of all kinds you can hold an Easter Egg Hunt in and around the cabin
2. Spring-in-your-step Breakfast – it is important to start the day off right with breakfast, so why not make it a breakfast that puts a spring in your step; you can indulge in pancakes with lemon and sugar or fruit and syrup or you can stay in keeping with the Easter theme and try different egg dishes each morning. Some breakfast egg dishes you may like to try are:
a. Fried Eggs (http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/eggs-recipes/sunny-side-up-eggs)
b. Boiled Eggs (http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuisine/european/english/soft-boiled-eggs.html)
c. Scrambled Eggs (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1720/perfect-scrambled-eggs)
e. Omelette (http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/theperfectomelette_86680)
f. Poached Eggs (http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_poached_eggs/)
g. Frittata (http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/eggsdairy/r/spinbacchedfrit.htm)
3. Dining Al Fresco – enjoy the spring weather with a picnic in the park, by the river or in the woods; there’s something delightful about the simplicity of dining outdoors on a blanket as you take pleasure in the sights and sounds of spring
4. Spring Scavenger Hunt – this activity requires less work than you may think as all you need to do is wander round outdoors and search for the signs of spring. Look for things like snowdrops, four leaf clovers and the cute little lambs that will be dotted around your rural surroundings
5. Two Wheels and the Open Road – go on a bike ride on a balmy spring afternoon and enjoy going through the pretty villages in bloom or take a more challenging route through the countryside and woodlands
6. Out and About – when spring arrives it brings with it fresh afternoons which are perfect for long walks in the sunshine, surrounded by lots of greenery and cherry blossom
7. Time for Tea – throw a little tea party, complete with an ever-stocked teapot, scones (plus cream and jam!), cakes and tiny sandwiches to have a quintessentially English spring afternoon
8. Is it a Bird, is it a Plane? – on a lazy afternoon there’s nothing more appealing than plonking yourself on a blanket on the grass and whiling away the hours cloud watching
9. Be Snap-Happy – get out your camera, dust it off and keep it on you at all times. Whether you take photos of you enjoying your springtime adventures or you capture the beauty of your spring surroundings, your camera will keep your holiday memories alive long after you go home
10. Get crafty – there’s nothing more therapeutic than getting crafty (translation: messy). You can do sketches of the landscape in full bloom or make a collage of dried blossoms and spring-inspired pastel paints, whatever takes your fancy as long as it is fun and creative A log cabin is the perfect escape for families, friends, couples or even solo retreats and whether you are looking for exciting adventures or a peaceful break away, you will be sure to find something to keep you occupied at your very own luxury log cabin. For more information, get in touch with Allens Caravans today!
There are a number of potential pitfalls when buying a static caravan. Learn what to avoid and what ...
You might be wondering what is a mobile home and a caravan, and what is the difference? Here, Allens...
Winter can be the ideal excuse for those who need a bit of quiet relaxation. You can enjoy a near-co...
Learn how to stop condensation in a mobile home using this detailed guide from the experienced carav...