Health on the Go
When you’re off on your caravan holiday travels, it can be so easy to let your healthy eating and nutritious diet slide a little – but it doesn’t have to be this way! You might be forgiven for thinking that healthy and nutritious food can’t be made quickly on the go, but there are plenty of ways in which you can give your body something that tastes delicious, without compromising on your health!
Here at Allens Caravans, we know how important it is to enjoy food that is tasty and wholesome whilst also being as delicious as all those foods we crave. Say no to the restaurants and pubs on your caravan holiday and make some fresh home-made food straight from your caravan. We promise you’ll feel fabulous for it!
For those of you needing a little help and nudge in the right direction when it comes to quick and healthy recipes for life on your travels, we’ve compiled a few of our favourites for you.
The most important meal of the day – so make sure you start your day off in style, with these breakfast ideas that will leave you bursting with energy and feeling full until lunch.
- Mixed berries, banana, yoghurt and honey smoothie, topped with a handful of oats and flaked almonds – this is full of anti-oxidants, vitamins, healthy carbs and protein for a healthy kick start to your day
- Poached eggs on seeded, wholemeal toast and sliced avocado
- Mushroom and spinach omelette with some freshly seasoned tomatoes
- Porridge with cinnamon and sliced apple with raisins
Follow up your healthy and delicious breakfast with a lunch that packs a double punch of health! Eating more of the good stuff earlier on in the day leaves you less likely to snack on unhealthy foods, such as crisps and chocolate later on in the day.
- Couscous and falafel salad with spinach, mushroom, sliced red pepper, green beans and baby corn, with toasted pitta bread and some houmous
- Sliced turkey, pesto, tomato, red onion and avocado, in wholemeal wraps
- Diced chicken coated in curried Greek yoghurt with raisins, halved grapes and coriander. Load on to mixed salad leaves, for a fresh and healthy lunch
Finishing off your day with a healthy dinner is perfect for those who want to maintain their metabolic rate and not ignore their health and fitness whilst on their caravan holiday. We have a handful of recipes that will blow your mind flavour-wise but are simple and easy to prepare.
- Grilled salmon in a honey and soy sauce glaze, served with microwaved steamed rice and broccoli, with a mango, red pepper and red onion salsa
- Beef stir fry with rice, mushroom, yellow pepper, asparagus, grated carrot, garlic, ginger and a pinch of teriyaki seasoning
- Couscous with chicken sausage, a tomato marinara sauce and a side salad
For healthy recipe ideas, no matter what time of day, please visit BBC Good Food.
Plan your mouth-wateringly good meals before you set off on your caravan holiday and you’ll have no need for the restaurants and pubs; day in, day out. Of course, enjoy the local hospitality but don’t overindulge every day, and you’ll feel a million times better for it.
For more information on any of our holidays here at Allens Caravans, please browse our parks and resorts to find somewhere that suits you. For more information, please contact us on 01564 792323.