Embrace the Great Outdoors
It’s official; it’s June, the sun is shining, and, here at Allens Caravans, we are excited because it is Camping Month! Whether you like to get back to basics with a tent and a sleeping bag or prefer the familiar home comforts afforded to you by a caravan or motorhome, make it your priority to get out on the open road and away from it all this month.
Take a few days away from the office, the internet and TV (we promise it will still be there when you get back), and embrace the great outdoors for what it really is. Our range of caravan parks around the UK are ideally situated for a quick getaway; we have both hire and touring caravan sites to cater to your needs.
Our Caravan Parks
We have five different locations available for those of you looking to hire at our caravan parks, including Weir Meadow (accepts touring caravans, too), Abbotts Salford, Leedons Park, Sunbeach, and The Springs. Each of these locations has its own selling points and highlights, ranging from indoor pools, games rooms, on-site fishing and even the option of bringing the dog along, too.
What to Pack
Although camping and caravanning are a British rite of passage, there are still many people who haven’t done it in years. If you’re looking to make a change this year and get back to your roots, you’re going to need a little help. We’ve put together some camping and caravan essentials that you might need for your next trip!
- Snacks for the journey there and back – and plenty of water!
- Entertainment for the kids while on the road
- Map and Sat Nav to get you there in one piece
- All relevant paperwork and ID
- Check which bedding comes included at your caravan park; sleeping bags, duvets, blankets and pillows might be required
- Toiletries and towels – including toilet roll
- Kitchen essentials such as washing up liquid, sponges, tea towel, cling film and foil, cleaning products, and enough plates, mugs and cutlery to cover each person on the trip
- First night essentials, including tea, coffee, milk, water, bread, cereal, and butter
- Other cooking basics are good to have in a caravan. Stock cupboard essentials like herbs, spices, pasta, rice and pots and pans
- First Aid Kit to cover all your bases
- Swimming clothes and beach towels
- Camera, music device and docking station
- Waterproofs and wellies (just in case!)
- Tarp and extra pegs come in handy for camping in tents
- An awning or gazebo and seating for shelter from sun and rain, dependent on the weather
- A small table for outdoor eating and family time
- Board games, books, and films
- Bikes, a frisbee, kites and balls for a quick kick-about
- Fishing kit
- Suncream and insect repellent
Whichever caravan park you choose, you can rest assured that you and your family will be in good hands. Our facilities and accommodation are of high quality and are highly recommended to ensure you get to sit back and relax when you need it the most.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01564 792323 or book your getaway online.