One thing you can guarantee about Allen's luxury caravan holidays with the family is that you will be one busy bee. Whether you're chasing the children round, exploring the UK's natural wonders or just too engrossed in enjoying yourself, it is safe to say that the last thing you want to have to worry about is what you're going to make for dinner. To help free up your mind and fill up your family's tummies, here are some quick and easy one-pot-wonder meals; each dish is timesaving and tasty! Discover more here about our truly satisfying caravan parks and get booking now!
Serves 4 Ready in 30 minutes
1. Brown the meatballs in a large frying pan with the tbsp. of olive oil – do this for about 2 minutes or until brown then remove with a slotted spoon and set them aside.
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add the risotto rice and cook the mixture for a further 1 minute. Pour in the stock and the chopped tomatoes. Bring it all to the boil and cover. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the meatballs and let everything simmer for 5 minutes, adding more stock if needed.
5. Stir in the cheese and sprinkle it over to serve.
Smoked Mackerel, Chorizo and Potatoes
Serves 4 Ready in 25 minutes
1. On a high heat, heat a large, non-stick frying pan. Add chorizo and stir it for 2 minutes until most of its oil has been released. Remove with a slotted spoon and set it aside.
2. Reduce the heat and add the onions and potatoes to the pan. Stir in the chorizo oil and cook for 15 minutes (stir occasionally or until potatoes are tender and onions are golden).
3. Stir in the tomatoes and the chorizo. Flake the fillets of mackerel with a fork and add them to the mixture in the pan. Mix it all up and cook for 2 minutes then stir in the parsley and serve.
Serves 4 Ready in 40 minutes
1. In a large frying pan, heat the oil then add the onion and leave it to soften for 5 minutes. Stir in the paprika, thyme and rice for 1 minute then stir in the tomatoes and stock.
2. Season the mixture and cook it, uncovered, for 15 minutes (stirring periodically until the rice is nearly tender and surrounded by some liquid.
3. Stir in the frozen seafood and cover the pan with a lid. Let it all simmer for 5 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through and the rice is tender. Squeeze in the lemon juice, scatter the parsley and serve the dish, topped with lemon wedges.
Easy Chilli Con Carne
Serves 6 Ready in 30 minutes
1. Chop the garlic and onions, add them to the pan with the mince and fry it all until browned (no oil needed, use the meat's juices).
2. Drain the kidney beans, wash them and add them to the pan. Add the peppers and chopped tomatoes then add the cumin and chilli (to taste).
3. Let the chilli mix simmer for 15 minutes then add the gravy powder to thicken the mixture. Serve with rice or crusty bread.
Ready in 15 minutes
1. Crush 3 cloves of garlic in a wooden bowl (use a pestle or similar). Take the stale bread out of the water you will have soaked it in (to soften). Squeeze the bread out and mash it in with the garlic then stir in the olive oil to create a thick paste.
2. Chop the peeled tomatoes (or grate unpeeled tomatoes and discard the skins) and mash them into the paste. Next, add the salt and lemon juice followed by the cucumber, green pepper and cold water.
3. Mix it all up and serve chilled.
So if you find yourself just a little too busy having fun on your caravan holiday with www.allenscaravans.co.uk, be sure to whip up one of these one-pot-wonders for dinner!
Buying a park home is a big investment and a decision that should not be rushed. First and foremost,...